Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Display "macro-free workbooks - VB project message" on closing

Hi Gary

A template will try to save the file in the default format of Excel 2007
You can change the default file format to xlsm(with macros)
See Office ButtonExcel Options...Save

I send a suggestion to MS to always default the save for a template with code as xlsm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Gary Nguyen" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your reply.
But everytime after the user images the template, then he closes this
template, the error message diplays again.
Is there a way, I can default this template to .xlsm (or .xls) on saving
when user closes the template?
Thanks

"Sheeloo" wrote:

You need to save it once as a 'macro-enabled workbook' in 2007...
I think the type is xlsm... After that you can save the file without getting
this message...

"Gary Nguyen" wrote:

My codes image a table in Office 2003 excel template with macro enable, after
I update to Office 2007, I get this error message on closing the workbook:
The following features cannot be saved in macro-free workbooks:
VB project
To save a file with these features, click No, and then choose a
macro-enabled file type in the File Type list.
To continue saving as a macro-free workbook, click Yes.

Is there a way I can suppress this message programmatically? Or using Office
2007 policy?
It seems that Office 2007 does not allow to save as .xlsx with macro.
Thanks for your help.