Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW[_2_] MartinW[_2_] is offline

Default Finding and Isolating Duplicates

Hi Brian,

Put a header in A1, (you may need to insert a new row)
Then click on A1, go to DataFilterAdvanced Filter
Check 'Copy to another location'
Put a destination cell in the copy to box (say $G$9 or whatever)
Check 'Unique values only'
OK and you are done.

HTH
Martin

"leimst" wrote in message

I have a single column of numeric data that I want to search for
duplicates. I know that I can use a "countif" statement with Conditional
Formatting to highlight all the duplicates (e.g. ="COUNTIF(A$1:A$100,
A1)1") but then is there a way to remove all of the remaining unique
numbers or maybe using some sort of megaformula copy the highlighted cells
along with any other data in that particular row to another spreadsheet?

Thanks,

Brian