Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Placing external data in a worksheet

Ken
Nobody but you knows your business. What is a "code column"? What is a
"data column format"? Tell us what you have, what you want to have, and how
you want to get from one to the other. HTH Otto
"Ken East End" <Ken East wrote in message
I have a monthly report that uses external data. If I import the data into
excel in a code column and a data column format, how can I place this data
in
a specified column of a report that also has a code column? The column to
place the data changes monthly and is formatted with subtotals, so it is
not
sequential by row as the imported data is.