Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Turn a four digit number into pounds & pence

That is right. Sorry misread the question

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
Doesn't that show 1.23, rather than 12.34?
--
David Biddulph

"Ashish Mathur" wrote in message

You can aslo try this but even before you do so, please remember that the
number in the original cell will remain 1234, it is only the display that
will change to 12.34.

In format Cells put the following format in Number . Category Custom
Type

#,##0.00,

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kolsballs" wrote in message
Hi

I don't know if this is possible but can you turn a four digit number
e.g
1234 into 12.34 in excel. I have tried many things but nothing seems to
work.

I have over 10,000 cells to change into this format and it would take to
long for me to change them manually. The file is originally a csv file
as I
have been trying to upload this file to an epos tile but when the price
shows
up on the till it comes up in the thousands instead of the pounds and
pence
amount.

Many Thanks