Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Subtotal Question with a twist

Hi,

Why don't you show us a little sample, ie.

A B
coffee 1.00
pants 30.00
Paycheck 900
x 12
y 456
z 56
Paycheck 900

Do you want a formula in column C which shows the sum of the expenses
between paychecks? The key is going to be consistant entries for the
paycheck text in column A. You mention that you are listing both you and
your wife's paycheck, does that mean you want to sum expenses between any
paycheck, hers or yours or do you only want to do it for your paychecks?

Cheers,
Shane
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"WLMPilot" wrote:

I have a worksheet with 12 monthly budgets. Income and expenses are sorted
via due date and I use a running balance in the last column. Lets say rows
1-50 make up Jan. Somehow, I want to be able to automatically subtotal
within the budget, certain expenses. To clarify, see below

L1: Income (him)
L2: Expense 1
L3: Expense 2
L3: Expense 3 Running Balance = 400
L4: Income (her)
L5 Expense 4
L6: Expense 5
.
.
.
.
L12: Expense 11

Is there a way to automatically select expenses 4-11 to subtotal how much
just that set of expenses are?

Not sure if a macro will come into play here or not.

Thanks,
Les