Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick J Rick J is offline

Default Column width of Pivot Table data goes back to default when data refreshed

I have generated a pivot table and then applied one of the auto table
formats (Table 8 I believe in Excel 2003). The width of the columns is too
wide therefore I manually decrease the width of the columns of the data
field. Unfortunately, every time that I refresh the pivot table the column
widths return to the default "wide" width. Other formatting that I apply
seem to remain (such as filling in cells with a color). This occurs even if
I do not apply any of the auto table formats format to the pivot table. Is
there a way to keep the column widths from returning to the default width
after I have adjusted them?

Thanks,
Rick