Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Globally available defined names?

Yes, you can do that *but* you'd have to include the name of the add-in:

Add-in named Defs (short for definitions)

=Defs.xla!TaxRate

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Martin" wrote in message
Hi all,

I was wondering whether there's any way for an add-in to define names (or
something similar) that would be available from other workbooks. For
example,
I'd like to define "TAXRATE" as 0.08, and have it so that from any open
workbook, I can type =TAXRATE and get that number back.

I know something like this could be accomplished with a function -- i.e.,
could define a function called TAXRATE() in the add-in that just returns
0.08
-- but I'mspecifically looking for a way to avoid the parentheses when
using
it (i.e. I'd like =TAXRATE not =TAXRATE()).

Any information would very helpful. Thanks.