Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Turn a four digit number into pounds & pence

Hi,

Put 100 in any cell and copy it
Select the range to format then
Edit|Paste special
Select Divide
Click OK
delete the cell with 100 in and you done

Mike

"Kolsballs" wrote:

Hi

I don't know if this is possible but can you turn a four digit number e.g
1234 into 12.34 in excel. I have tried many things but nothing seems to work.

I have over 10,000 cells to change into this format and it would take to
long for me to change them manually. The file is originally a csv file as I
have been trying to upload this file to an epos tile but when the price shows
up on the till it comes up in the thousands instead of the pounds and pence
amount.

Many Thanks