Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JICDB JICDB is offline

Default Pivot chart - switch axis

My boss likes to see dates going across - whether its on the top of a table
or the bottom of a chart. I have a pivot table with the dates across the top
and the bus routes across the left side (I work for the public transportation
company) with the sum of riders for that date and route number in the middle.
The table is perfect, the graph shows the routes along the bottom with the
dates in the bar. I want to flip these so that the dates go along the bottom
and trends can be seen more easily. In a regular chart I can do that by
changing rows/columns from the Chart Data section but in a pivot chart I
don't see this option. Do I have to create a different pivot table with the
dates along the side and the routes across the top to get the graph the way I
want? Thanks for your help.