Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NoodNutt NoodNutt is offline

Default Default value in Drop down menu and automatic selections

Body

The only other way would be rather than using Validation / Dropdown lists
is to use Combo boxes.

You can overlay a Combobox over a cell.

Although I'm mot up to speed with Excel Comboboxes, If we were talking
MsAcees, then I could walk you through without a problem, alas this area of
Excel is new to me also.

There are many examples already listed within the NG that may provide some
guidance.

What I can tell you generally speaking in Access, is that with Combo you can
insert new values directly into a recordset via the Combo, not sure how you
go inserting/updating a Combo attached to a Name Range.

There are several MVP Guru's that frequent the NG's and they will certainly
be able to help & steer you on the right path.

Sorry I couldn't help you any further.

Regards
Mark.