Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default SumProduct

The most likely culprit is leading or trailing spaces. You can use TRIM()
within a sumproduct to eliminate those spaces

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TRIM(A1:A10)="Bob"))

"tonyalt3" wrote:

I am trying to look up how many times a person is listed on a
worksheet. They are listed as lastname, column A and first name,
column B. I've been doing a "sumproduct" function, however for some
reason it doesn't count some individuals. I KNOW everything is
spelled the same and has the same amount of caps. Any ideas of what
is wrong, or how else to run the function?