Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Orrie Orrie is offline

Default How to enter zip starting with 0 (zero)

Hi,

I am entering addresses into an Excel worksheet the I need to use in a mail
merge. One of the addresses has a five digit postal zip code that begins
with a "0" (zero.) I typed it in like any other zip code entry, but Excel
dropped the zero as soon as I moved to the next cell. I tried converting the
entry into "text," but when I printed the record, only the zero printed.

Other zip codes that do not start with zero work fine in a mail merge and in
printing the records.

How can I enter a zip code that begins with a zero, so it will appear
properly in Excel and in a mail merge?

Thank you.

Orrie