Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] mulji.hafeez@gmail.com is offline

Default linking many workbooks

I know how to link specific items from one workbook to another.

I needed information on how to transfer data between many workbooks.

I will have over 40 workbooks and I will need to consolidate all the
information into one central workbook which only I can access. All the
workbooks are password protected. there will be between 5-8 columns in
each workbook and also in the central workbook. now I dont know how
many rows will be in each workbook. If i select for example 100 rows
from workbook1 and input them into line 1 of the central workbook, and
select 100 rows from workbook2 and input them into line 2 of the
central workbook will it overwrite the lines from workbook1?

is there a way to have all the values consolidate from all 40
workbooks into 1 central workbook without losing/overwriting data?

Thanks in advance.