Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default Excel opens two workbooks

When the second workbook opens choose Windows-Hide and see if the problem
goes away...

Try to find the XLSTART directory. It usually is in
C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

where <username needs to be substituted with the current user name.
If you see the file which open automatically there then delete it while
Excel is closed.

"ChristyL" wrote:

Using Excel 2003, Win XP. Have a user who opens an Excel document, but the
first document that comes up as Book 2 and behind that is the original
document. I closed Book 2 and saved the document. Opened the document back
up and it was fine.

Now if he opens another Excel document that has the same issues, doing the
same thing as above does not fix this document. Now, if I go back and open
the first document that was fixed earlier, it is back to opening the two
documents again.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.