Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
carbon06 carbon06 is offline

Default Office Open XML Formats

Thanks for replying. I went into the registry, but I don't have the Security
folder. I got to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\C ommon\
and that's as far as I could go. Any other suggestions?

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Create the following Dword registry key using Regedit.exe from Start-Run
and set its value to 1.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\C ommon\Security\NoPromptForRC4Encryption

--
Jim
"carbon06" wrote in message
| I'm using Office 2007, but I'm saving in the old formats (.doc, .xls,
etc.)
| because not everyone at our site has the new version of office. Every time
| try to save & close a password protected document, I receive the following
| message:
|
| This document is both encrypted and password protected. The Office Open
XML