Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Formula

You have several other replies addressing this problem.

Have a look at them.

Gord

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:17:01 -0700, BeveyG
wrote:

Hi Gord,

Can you please look at the message above from me responding to Mike? I am
really perplexed by this and why I am getting the error when all other
columns in the spread sheet have the same values both negative and positive.

Thanks so much,

BeveyG

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The surrounding { } indicate it is an array formula entered with CTRL +
SHIFT + ENTER

What would you like to troubleshoot?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:01:01 -0700, BeveyG
wrote:

Good morning,

{=SUM(IF($L$19:$L$148<0,$L$19:$L$148,0))}

Can someone help me troubleshoot the above formula. It is used on a
worksheet in a multi-function workbook (created by someone else - who is no
longer with the company and I can not ascertain their goal). The above
formula is used in a Trend Log for Change Orders, Pending Issues, etc. which
tracks debits and credits for each in one column. The above formula appears
in the cell just as it is shown above?????

Help! I have beaten my brain to death....

Thanks.

BeveyG

"In Memory of those who lost their lives - may we someday have Peace on
Earth and Good Will Toward All Men."