Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vinnypie Vinnypie is offline

Default Display issues in Excel 2007

I have a Dell Vostro 410 desktop using Windows Vista Business edition and
Office Small Business Edition 2007. Also has a dual monitor output card.
Lately, when Excel is open the monitor display goes black for a few seconds
(maybe 4 or 5), then comes back. This is happening more and more frequently.
I have adjusted the screen resolution (it is a 22 inch monitor and I have
tried various settings) and reset the color resolution from 32-bit to 16-bit
with no change. This behavior has not been reported in other applications.
I'm not sure if it is due to linked spreadsheets or what.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.