Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Curious Curious is offline

Default automatic sorting

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of data that changes on a monthly basis. To
change the data in the spreadsheet, I simply change the month on the first
page, and retrieve from linked information. I would like to set up a
"rankings" sheet that shows sorted data (in various categories)...but the
order changes each month. Is there any way to set up formulas, etc., to
avoid having to manually sort the data in the rankings sheet each month.
Example:
Scores, respectively, for competitions A,B,C,&D
blue (4,8,2,8)
green (2,3,9,4)
purple (3,0,4,2)
yellow(9,6,2,1)
black(3,1,9,4)

I want to show lists of the teams (colors) in order by their scores for each
competition, but I would like that to be done automatically each month when
the scores change. Any advice?