Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Chart displaying weekly data group in months without weekly labels

First column: dates for the week (Sunday or Monday dates, or whatever you
lie to use).
Second column: values being tracked.
Create a LINE chart. Excel should apply a date-scale axis.
Format the date scale axis so it uses days as its base unit, but 1 month as
its major unit. You probably also want to set the axis minimum to the first
of the first month, so the first of each month gets a tick mark and label.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"smcgee01" wrote in message
I am putting together charts that displays weekly data for last year and
this
year but I want the x-axis only to display months while the weekly data
points appear in the plot area for that month and I am having difficulty
doing it... does anyone have any suggestions?