Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chris_g chris_g is offline

Default Excel 2007 conditional formatting & cell colour.

Hi All,

I was hoping someone may be able to offer some practical advice regarding
conditional formatting of cell colour.

I have made a sheet to track the status of orders placed and recieved:
Column A is the order placed date, and column B is the recieved date, which
remains empty until a known date can be entered.

As there a large number of records (rows) and I am having to manually check
for orders recived within a certain date, I was hoping there may be a way to
format the fill colour (make yellow) of column B after 30 days have elapsed.
In addition, make the cell red after 60.

I think this must be possible to impliment as a formula in the conditional
formatting section which i have spent an age tinkering with.

Can anyone offer any possible solution or examples of cell colour being
changed dependent on the content of a neighbour cell? I'm new to this, but
feel i could piece it together I had a few simple examples of working fomula
to play with.

Is there a formula to change the background colour of a cell?

Thanks for any help you can offer!