Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Winnipeg Michael Winnipeg Michael is offline

Default Create a macro so when I click the icon, the response is the A

Thanks for your help Ron.

I did find this: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
and it made it clearer to perform the macros I wanted.

But thanks for your help.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

If you create the file yourself be sure it is hidden.
Copy the macro in the file and you can run it with alt-F8

Maybe you like this add-in for Excel 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
Do I need to do the dummy macro?
When I have Personal.xlsb created, can I start on creating the macro?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Close Excel
Remove the personal file out your Xlstart folder

And create a new one with the info from my page or
add your old personal file from 2003 in xlstart

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I saw it, but it got all messed up with the Book1 spreadsheet that I started
with (which was wrong, I realize that now).
To properly start, I should open Excel, and save as Personal.xlsb in my
XLSTART folder, right?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

When you open the VBA edito with Alt F11
Do you see your personal file ?

Is it named personal.xls ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
Nope, its worse.

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote:

Hi Ron.

I was sent this on an earlier post, but for some reason, I am unable to
achieve the results that I am looking for. I think I need to start all over
again, and read your attachment right from start to finish.

Thanks for your reply,
Michael

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.