Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hardworker hardworker is offline

Default contents of cells to rows

Hi Radiolistener,

I think u misunderstanding. I need the contents of the cell to be seperated
into rows, not columns. The way i did it was to use text to columns and then
transpose them. I want to know if there is a way to do it without using the
text to column.

eg (52221, 52222, 52223) What i would like is:
A 52221
B 52222
C 52223

Is this possible? Is this what you sent me?
--
--------

"Radiolistener" wrote:

Hi Hardworker,

Say you make a macro enabled worksheet. In A2 put "5,6,7,8" in Column C2,
go into developer and pick insert, add a button.

In the button code, put the following:

Sub Button1_Click()
Dim texter As String

Dim datatocolumn() As String

texter = Sheet1.Range("A2")
datatocolumn = Split(texter, ",")
Dim i As Integer

i = 5

Dim item As Variant
For Each item In datatocolumn

Sheet1.Range("A" & Trim(Str(i))).Value = item
i = i + 1

Next item

End Sub

That would do it, but I'm really not sure why you wouldn't want to use text
to column.

In any event, I hope that this is the answer you are looking for.

John

"Hardworker" wrote:

hi,

is it possible to convert the contents of cells to rows eg. i have rows of
cells which contains numbers seperated by a comma (542212, 542213, 542214
etc).

Is there a way of doing this without using the text to column first?