Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Finding the position of the i-th non blank cell in a vertical range

Hi,

In cell D11, enter the following formula =
IF(COUNTBLANK(C11)=1,"",COUNTA($C$11:C11)). Copy this formula down to cell
C100. Also, give a heading to this new column - in cell D10, type Revised
No.

In range C102:D102 type Revised No. and the heading of the column C. In
C103, type 3 and in D103, use the DGET() formula.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"vsoler" wrote in message
Understanding what I need is easy; finding the correct formula perhaps
not so much

Say that my range, in C11:C100 , contains some cells that are not
empty (non blank). Say that in B11:B100 I have the series 1, 2, 3...
and so on until 90.

Imagine that the first cells in my range B11:C100 contain

1 (blank)
2 (blank)
3 AB
4 (blank)
5 ZM
6 (blank)
7 HJ

Now, if in cell M11 I input the value 3, that means that I need to
find the 3rd non blank cell in my C column range. That is, my function
should return 7.

I can work with array funsctions, but I would not like to work with
intermediate calculations in additional cells.

Is it impossible what I am looking for?

Thank you for any help that you may supply