Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lmm Lmm is offline

Default How to find the first nonzero cell in a row

"smartin" wrote:

Lmm wrote:
Hi,

I tried the INDEX & MATCH formulas and it works! But if my row # is
dynamic, i.e. take your example below that if row 3 be replaced with
different row #, how to incorporate the dynamic # in MATCH.

Hi Lmm,

[snipped]
=INDEX($D$1:$IV$1,,MATCH(TRUE,D3:IV30,0))

In this case row 3 was just an example. Start with the formula in row 3
and fill down, it will adjust.

I didn't express my question clearer. Take this example that each inventory
row represents one SKU commit wk units. By giving one SKU and find out the
first nonzero cell for that SKU row is what I am looking for. I am not doing
serial request for all rows together. In summary, if I find the row # for
one specific SKU in qeustion, how to incorporate the row # into the formula?
Thanks.

Lmm