shell4577

Thanks for your help. I was just thinking of buying a new CD Rom and then
re-installing the software. I just don't know when I will be able to buy the
CD Rom so I was just hoping I could somehow get Excel running again until I
replaced my Rom.
We'll see what happens. Thanks again.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

As it's obvious you aren't able to find out yourself, what is wrong with
your CD-ROM (lose cable connection, it's simply broken, corrupted driver,
motherboard damage), and how to correct this, and as it's nearly impossible
to help you without having colse look at your comp, the best you can do
about it is locate the store you bought your comp, and let them repair it.
When there is a problem with your hardware (CD-ROM), (not with software,)
then maybe it even falls under guarantee (depends how old is your comp).
Anyway it will be mended in one way or another.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)

"shell4577" wrote in message
My CD Rom doesn't work any clues about that? It tells me I/O Device

error-E
is not accessible. That is the reason I now have the problem with the

loss
of programs.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And you may want to visit your local BestBuy/Office Max/CompUSA store

and order
a new CD. You can get a new one pretty cheap.

shell4577 wrote:

This is my problem. My CD-Rom quit working and nothing would fix it.

friend of ours told us to do a complete system restore. I didn't back

up my
programs and I lost all of my microsoft office programs. And my

CD-Rom still
doesn't work. How do I reinstall?

--

Dave Peterson