Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Patrick L[_2_] Patrick L[_2_] is offline

Default Consolidate Data From Vertical Format to Horizontal.

Duke you are awsome!

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Add a empty column alongside the account #s. Let's say your acct#s are in
cells B2:B1000 and the new empty column is A. In A2 enter the formula

=Countif(B$2:B2,B2) and copy it down to A1000

Make sure each of your columns has a header, say Index (for the new
formulas), Accounts, and Codes.

Now use that range to create a Pivot table with the Index column as your
column headers, the Accounts as row labels and then use Min or Max of the
Codes for the data value

"Patrick L" wrote:

I have read some of the other threads regarding things similar to my problem,
but I think mine is a little unique.

I have a list of account numbers with corresponding internal codes. That
when pulled form my system look like so. The tricky part for me is that the
number of internal codes varies it could be 1 it could be 10. Ultimately I
would like it to end up as show on the bottom, is this feasible?

24539603 787
24539603 978
15471183 25
20172710 706