Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BeveyG BeveyG is offline

Default Cell Format

Hi Art,

That worked for me but now I am not getting the actual to date to show up.

Row B is Plan Per Baseline $3,775,000
Row C is Planned Cumulative a forumla = B3+C2 = $4,747,500 - cell B3
contains 972,500
Row D is Actual to Date and repeats the numbers from Row B
Row E is Actual Cumulative and is a sum of C5+D4

I modified B2 to =3775000/1000000 and changed format to number with 1
decimal point
Row C remains a formula
Row D is manually typing in 3.8 with format to number with 1 decimal point

The information then disappears from the chart... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much for your help.

BeveyG

"art" wrote:

Why don't you use this?

For example the number is in cell A1

=A1/1000000

"BeveyG" wrote:

Hi,

I am working with a spreadsheet that has cells with dollar values in the
millions. Can I format the cells from the typical $3,775,000 to $3.77? When
the spreadsheet is updated and a chart is created, it is difficult to read
the cells as the chart covers a 3 year period.

Thanks.