Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
SueDot SueDot is offline

Default Show random labels in simple line chart

Boy do I feel dumb now - that's such a simple solution! Now the tough part
will be figuring out how to test for the "bend" value.... Thanks so much for
pointing out the right direction - your example workbook is GREAT! Thanks
Andy!
--
Susan

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Create a another series where only the points you want labeled have a
value, all others would have #N/A.
Your formula would like something like

=IF(<test for bend , Value , NA() )

Format the new series to have no markers or line.

This example demonstrates the technique for last, min and max points.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm

Cheers
Andy

SueDot wrote:
I have a simple line chart that has a very large data table behind it. The
line is generally the same simple upward slope with a "bend" where the slope
changes. The data changes frequently so the location of the "bend" point
changes as well. I do not use any labels on the chart, except that I want to
label just the point where a change in slope occurs. Is there a way to do
this automatically? I don't want to go in to the chart each time I create it
and have to manually turn off the old "wrong" label and turn on the new one.
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel