Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kraymond kraymond is offline

Default SUMIF nesting an AND function

Thanks, I thought that might be the case, but you never know! I appreciate
the speedy response....

"Duke Carey" wrote:

You cannot do this with the layout you've described. Insert a new column A
and copy the word Legislative as many times as needed for those categories.
Likewise with Finance. Now your categories are in column B and the data that
was in column C is in D, so use this formula

=sumproduct(--(a1:a100="Legislative"),--(B1:b100="Salaries & Wages"),C1:C100)

"kraymond" wrote:

Hi, I'm not exactly sure how to do this. I want to sum data in column c if it
meets two conditions, both in column a. For example, I have budget data in
column a; formatted as:

Legislative
Salaries & Wages
Benefits
etc.

Finance
Salaries & Wages
Benefits
etc.

The actual budget number is in column C. I want to summarize the data by
saying that if column a is both legislative and benefits, sum column c.

Is there a good way to do this? Thanks all!

Kassandra