Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michele Michele is offline

Default sorting data

Your assumptions are correct, however I know nothing about "macro". How do I
run this??
--
Michele

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Michele
This little macro will do what you want. I assumed that your 2 columns
are Columns A & B. I assumed that your data has headers in row 1 and the
data starts in row 2. HTH Otto
Sub FilterAB()
Dim rColA As Range
Dim rColC As Range
Dim i As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("B1").EntireColumn.Insert
Set rColA = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
Set rColC = Range("C2", Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
For Each i In rColA
If Not rColC.Find(What:=i.Value, LookAt:=xlWhole) Is Nothing Then
i.Offset(, 1).Value = i.Value
End If
Next i
Range("C1").EntireColumn.Delete
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
"Michele" wrote in message
see below.
I have this: 2 columns
123456 123455
123457 123456
123458 123459
123459 123467
I want it like this:
123455
123456 123456
123457
123458
123459 123459
123467
If there is a match- i want it to be side by side, if no match - leave a
blank.
Thanks for you help.

--
Michele

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

It creates a blank where? Do you want cells moved to create this blank?
Or
do you want some cell cleared to create this blank? HTH Otto
"Michele" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that I am trying to compare item descriptions. My
column headers are DESC 400 - CDM 400- CDM HSM - DESC HSM. What i
have
is
CDM 400 numbers that may or may not be in the CDM HSM numbers - I want
sort or filter them so it the number is not in HSM but in 400, it
creates
blank. Any input will be great.
--
Michele