Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pammy Pammy is offline

Default average with zero

Peo Sjoblom:

I changed the formula to what you wrote and did Ctrl + Shift +Enter and I
get 24, but if I select ac06:ac11342 and look at the status bar it is 10.4.
Any idea? I even copied and pasted your formula.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You are using an incorrect formula

=AVERAGE(IF(AC6:AC11342<0,AC6:AC11342))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Pammy" wrote in message
=AVERAGE(AC6:AC11342<0,AC6:AC11342)
This is my formula for an average, the rows are filled in from ac6 - ac831
and it gives a number beginning with ac6 from a calculation. If there is
no
entry then it populates a zero. I get an average of 13 that is showing on
the status bar if I select the cells ac6:ac831, but in my cell where the
average formula is (notice it goes to ac11342 I get an average of 10. All
the cells in this column have zeros where there have been no entries yet,
but
will change as data is entered on the row. I have it set to 11342 so the
person can enter without having to do anything.
I do shift+control and enter in the formula bar. Any idea? It is
formatted
to a number. Thanks,