Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
colwyn colwyn is offline

Default How do I automatically copy/paste ?

On Sep 9, 5:41*pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
I see nothing in your description that would designate a group of cells as
an "area"

Is there any method of determing which set of rows should be gathered
together into an area?

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 07:33:17 -0700 (PDT), colwyn

wrote:
I have around 50,000 rows of data down each sheet.
These are made up of approx 4000 areas of data. (the areas of data are
from columns A:N and between 2 and 30 rows deep)
Seperately I have a cells contain formula covering combinations of
2-30 cells deep.
I want to afix these formula to the 4000 areas.
Thus, if the first 10 rows of the sheet constituted Area 1 I would
want to refer to the complimentary 10 row formula range and afix it in
the adjoining column to the Area 1 (columnO). If the next range, Area
2, was 6 rows deep I would want to search for the 6 row formula range
and afix that to Area 2 (columnO), and so on.
Manually, over 6 sheets, I would have to do around 24,000 copy/pastes
and this isn't practical.
Does anyone know how it can be set up to run automatically??

Any helpful suggestions/comments would be appreciated. I'm familiar
with Excel macros - if that's at all useful.
Thanks.
Colwyn.

Thanks Gord. Yes - down one column of area X there are numbers which
reflect the number of rows in that area or block of data. What is
needed is a means of looking at this number and then copying the
approriate number of rows of formula and pasting them in column O of
area X.
Thanks.
Colwyn.