Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pyrite Pyrite is offline

Default Correct IF formula??

Hi,

I have tried to write a formula today, I think it is right but it is a
pretty complicated IF so here goes.

I have an order date and a works started date. I want to highlight orders
where work has not been started two weeks after the order date. I wrote the
IF formula original to work off the argument TODAY()(B2+14) but this caused
the problem that if B2 was null then it entered 14/01/1900. I then needed to
adda further IF. IF B2 is null do nothing, if a date is present add 14. This
way the first IF only works if B2 has a value. I hope that wasnt too many
IF's!!!!

Here's what I came up with, it works but I would like your opinion on if it
is the most efficient way or if there is any glaringly obvious holes. I'm a
bit close to the project to judge properly :-)

Date order recieveid is in column B, this formula is in column C and date
work started is in column I.

=IF((TODAY()(IF(B2="","",B2+14)))*(I2=""),"OVERDU E","")