JE McGimpsey

Select the column. Choose Data/Text to Columns. Click Next, Next, then
select the YMD item in the Date dropdown (assuming that your current
format is YYYYMMDD - your example is ambiguous). Click Finish.

In article ,
ScottNovo wrote:

I have a an Excel worksheet that has about 3,500 birthdates entered. The
format is if the person was born on january1st of 1960, it would look like
this: 19600101.
The program I use to calculate my work needs these formatted in the
traditional 01/01/1960. How do I get the whole column to change that format?
I really do not want to retype the whole thing.