Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How do I (or can I) add a chart within a comment?

Do your charts necessarily have to be "large" pictures? If you simplify the
chart, remove some of the labels and other excess shapes in the chart, you
might be able to show what you want with a chart a few cells wide and half a
dozen cells tall. In the extreme you could even try sparkline charts:

http://sparklines-excel.blogspot.com/
http://www.bonavistasystems.com/
http://www.bissantz.de/sparklines/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"GeneW" wrote in message
Your directions for embedding a chart to a comment was great.

Do you have any thoughts on how I can have a real-time chart open and
close
so it would be attached to a cell?
I am flexible on was to do this, but I have an excel spreadsheet and I
want
peoples sales numbers to be on the sheet but not always open large
pictures.
I would like them to work very similar to the way comments pop up.

Also, would you know how I could go about making this suggestion to
Microsoft if there is not a way for this to work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

You can save your chart as an image, and then format your comment box to
contain that image, but it won't update if your data updates.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296778.aspx