Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default X axis captions

Hi,

This will force every category label to be displayed

ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).TickLabelSpacing = 1

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a macro creating a column chart. It takes category axis captions
from
range("E1:AB1"), values from a selected row (row No is stored in a
variable
"sourcerow"), so my VBA line is:

ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets(lapnev).Range( _
"E1:AB1,E" & sourcerow & ":AB" & sourcerow), PlotBy:=xlRows

It works well except that in some cases only every second caption is
displayed on the chart (E1 is displayed, F1 is left blank, G1 is
displayed,
H1 is left blank, etc.). The value columns are correct above the blank
captions. I couldn't figure out any differences between correct and
incorrect
cases.

How can I force to always display the whole caption range?

Thanks,
Stefi