Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How do I automatically insert rows

something like this
sub insertrows()
for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1
if cells(i-1,"a")<cells(i,"a") then rows(i).insert
next i
end sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"colwyn" wrote in message
I have around 50,000 rows of data down each sheet.
These are made up of a contiuous series of approx 4000 blocks of data.
The blocks of data vary between 2 and 30 rows deep.
What I want to do is insert a blank row after each block of data.
Manually, over 6 sheets, I would have to do around 24,000 copy/pastes
and this isn't practical.
Does anyone know how it can be set up to run automatically??

Any helpful suggestions/comments would be appreciated and I'm familiar
with Excel macros - if that's at all useful.
Thanks.
Colwyn.