Gord Dibben

I would suggest you have a read in Help on VLOOKUP.

You will need a two column table with your abbreviations and words then a
VLOOKUP formula in a cell on Sheet3.

If you post a sample list of abbreviations and words and where you want the
output, we could come up with a formula.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:47:03 -0700, "Lmatarazzo"
wrote:

My proble is I have to use abbreviations in the cell Im writing in and then
when ever that word is placed in a cell I want it to transfer to a specific
cell in another sheet.Example: y11 would be placed in a cell in sheet 1 and
it would transfer to a cell in sheet three that said yard1????