Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Filter Data using a drop-down list

Hi

With Autofilter, you can choose from the dropdownCustomiseContainstype in
the text you are looking for.

Alternatively, you can download a sample file I created called FastFilter,
which allows you to type any text at the top of the column without having to
use the filter dropdown.
The file can be downloaded from Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/Fastfilter.zip
or from Nick Hodge's ExcelUserGroup
http://excelusergroup.org/media/p/1194.aspx
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Lboom2008" wrote in message
I have a sheet of data against which I have assigned categories, sometimes
more than one category to the same piece of data. Is it possible to create
drop-down list which will then filter this data not as autofilter does but
as
a "text contains" filter?

Therefore when people want to look at certain categories, they can select
from the drop-down box and it will show only the data with that particular
category against it (but which may also have other categories as well).

Thanks!