Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marianne Marianne is offline

Default Deleting blanks

Thank you - but nothing happens when i press Replace all... Any suggestions?

Marianne

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Marianne,

As well as the other responses there is also the non-breaking space
problem that is often inherited with info copied from a website.

Use EditReplace
Replace what: Alt+0160
Replace with: Leave this blank
Click Replace All

Alt+0160 is done by holding down the Alt key, type 0160
on the number pad(only), then release the Alt key.

HTH
Martin

"Marianne" wrote in message
When I download statistical information from a specific source, there are
spaces in the cells (either first or in between the numbers), and the
numbers
are not interpreted as numbers. How can I easily delete all spaces instead
of
entering each cell and doing it manually?