Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
becder becder is offline

Default automatically selecting contiguous cells - Why?

Great. Thanks for something to think about. I guess I am in Page Layout view
a lot. I will try and be more observant about what is happening as I have
this little 'bug' appear. Sounds like it drives a ton of people nuts, me
included. Thanks Gord. -becky

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

It's a bug in 2007

Have a look at this google search thread for some ideas.

http://tinyurl.com/5h2uua

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 05:06:00 -0700, becder
wrote:

Using 2007. What am I doing that will cause the automatic selection of 2-3
continuous cells? I will just be working away, then the next time I click on
a cell, two or three cells will get selected. Then ever after in that session
everytime I click , again, two or three cells will become selected. I am
unconsciously doing something - but I don't know what. There are no formulas,
no auto filling, nothing complicated going on. Thanks to someone who can
clear up this mystery to me.