Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default copying formulas when inserting new rows

You may want to try this:
Tools|Options|Edit Tab|check "extend data range formats and formulas"

Or you could use a macro...

David McRitchie shares some code:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Steve M wrote:

Is it possible to automatically copy formulas from other rows to new
rows when adding a new line in a spreadsheet? I have cols A-AE of
which cols A-N are inputted and the others are calcualated values from
the data. How can I copy these formulas to the new cells when I add a
new row of data? Currently I have several 'dummy' rows that contain
the formulas that are used to input the data. Then I have to sort the
worksheet to get the new rows inserted properly. I'd like to insert a
new row at the proper location, enter the data and have the formulas
copied to the new row. Any ideas?

--

Dave Peterson