Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default automatically selecting contiguous cells - Why?

I'd guess you have merged cells there.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"becder" wrote:

Using 2007. What am I doing that will cause the automatic selection of 2-3
continuous cells? I will just be working away, then the next time I click on
a cell, two or three cells will get selected. Then ever after in that session
everytime I click , again, two or three cells will become selected. I am
unconsciously doing something - but I don't know what. There are no formulas,
no auto filling, nothing complicated going on. Thanks to someone who can
clear up this mystery to me.