Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
edm1007 edm1007 is offline

Default STILL DESPERATE FOR HELP!!!

Thanks this produced the exact results I was looking for. Thanks a
million!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Joel" wrote:

if you are looking for a formula solution use the following VLOOKUP.

=VLOOKUP(A2,$B$2:$D$100,3)

You only need to look at column Bsince the values in column B are sorted and
are one larger than the value in Column C. Vllookup will find the largest
value in Column B that is less than or equal to the value you are looking
for, then return the value in column D whic is the 3rd column in the Table
range (B2:B100)

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Enter 5, 21, 56 ... (lower values of your intervals) in Col A, enter 7, 12,..
(the value you want to assign based on which interval it falls in in Col B,
Enter 12, 50,... (values to check in which interval it finds and assign the
value in Col B) in Col C.

Enter the following in D1 and copy down;
=VLOOKUP(C1,A:B,2,TRUE)

Let me know how it goes

"edm1007" wrote:

I hope this is not confusing but what is displayed as the final rating for A2
depends on if it falls between the values in B2 and C2 or B3 and C3
respectively

for instance

A2 = 10

B2 = 5
C2 = 20
D2 = 7

So since A2 falls between B2 and C2 the rating for A2 would equal 7 because
that is the respective rating.

but if A2 = 50

B3 = 21
C3 = 55
D3 = 12

then the rating for A2 would be 12 since it falls between B3 and C3.

Thanks