Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Validation drop down box too large

Hi

How did you create the dropdowns, with Data Validation or Combobox?
If ComboBox, then you can adjust the width of that when in Design mode.

If Data Validation, then take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site.
She has code there for making the box wider, but just change the values to
get the size of columns you wish.
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Depley" wrote in message
I have made drop down boxes for several columns in a workbook. The
problem
is that the drop down box is too wide. For example, for a simple "Yes,No"
selection the drop down box is +/- 7 inches wide. Can I size the driop
down
box to simply be the width of the column it is referring to? I have
looked
everywhere, and in the process learned many things but have not found an
answer to my delemma. Any help would be greatly appreciated.