Jim Rech

I'd open the CSV in Excel as you're doing and then select the data and do a
copy followed by a Edit, Paste Special, Values into the template.

You can directly read the text into your template however using the Data
menu. The command varies with your Excel version (always a good idea to
mention it in a post) but it's Import External Data in Excel 2003.

--
Jim