Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Default can excel automatically enter the date data in a cell was ente

Bernie,

I'm looking to do this same function, but only for two specific cells. I'm
not advanced enough with VBA to determine what code to modify below. I wish
to autumatically put the current date/time in cell P2 when ever the cell in
N2 is modified. The same for P3 and N3.

Thank you,

JIM

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

John,

Copy the code below, right-click on the sheet tab, select "View Code", and paste the code into the
window that appears.

It will put the date in column B (in the same row) for any change in column A, if the change is done
to a single cell and not to a group of cells.

Obviously, the code can be modified to apply to any range of entered cells....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target(1, 2).Value = Date
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

"mg_sv_r" wrote in message
Can I get excel to enter the date in one cell that data was entered in
another, without relying on the user to input this data?

I have tried the TODAY() function but this changes the date each time te
sheet is reloaded!

Thanks in advance for any help.

John