Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:11:02 -0700, James V. Wilkerson
wrote:

Ron,
We are using Office 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional. The cell is currently
formatted as general, but I've tried number - five decimals. I have typed the
number in and copied it from another source. I have typed the number in on
other workstations where I work which leads me to believe it is a setting
that I have overlooked. It shows up as 5420.06727 in print preview. I'm not
sure what you mean by regional settings.

So it shows as 5420.06727 in print preview but not if you print it on a
printer?

As I said, I am unable to reproduce that.

Under certain circumstances, what you say is possible. I just don't see it
happening using Print or Print Preview.

Excel is storing 5420.06727 as the binary equivalent of 5420.06726999999 so
that is why I say it is possible to occur under some circumstances. I just
don't see it happening printing a page in which I have entered that number.

Unless I can reproduce your problem, I don't think I'll be able to devise a
work-around. Maybe someone else can.

--ron