David McRitchie

If you want hyperlinks, you can build them with the
HYPERLINK Worksheet Function or create the object
type hyperlinks. More information on creating a list
of sheetnames with hyperlinks see

You do not actually need a hyperlink to get to a cell in another
worksheet or workbook, you can use an Event Macro
such as a double click.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#GoToSheet

---
HTH,

"Drew" wrote in message oups.com...
I need to create a list of worksheet names (tabs) or all the files (I'd
like the file names as well, but think I've already found the add in
from http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/index.html that does
that part)

the purpose is to create a list - from which I will use concatenate to
make formulas linking to all the worksheets (they are all formated the
same) so I can summarize financial information. (I use concatenate)
make massive page of formulas and past special values to another page
(creating text that upon adding an = sign in front will become
formuals) I've found this works well on pages with 8,000 or so
formulas.

so in the end I'd like to have at least a file name and all sheet names
for that file - I can add the drive and folder and any formula specific
formatting like "[" etc

D:\FY05.Mar\[Excel.Filename.xls]sheet1'

D:\FY05.Mar\[Excel.Filename.xls]sheet2'
D:\FY05.Mar\[Excel.Filename.xls]sheet3'
D:\FY05.Mar\[Excel.Filename.xls]sheet4'
D:\FY05.Mar\[Excel.Filename2.xls]sheet1'
D:\FY05.Mar\[Excel.Filename2.xls]sheet2'

thanks, Drew