Eric Stephens

Thanks, Chuck! I had forgotten about the VLOOKUP command.

Eric

"CLR" wrote:

Classic application for the VLOOKUP formula.........

=VLOOKUP(A1,YOURTABLE,2,FALSE)

Where "YOURTABLE" is a named range of two columns listing your values to be
looked up on the left and the results on the right........ie: D1:E5

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Eric Stephens" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to know how to create a formula that looks at a value in one
cell, uses that value to find a corresponding value in a separate table,

and
then enters that value in my sheet. For example, say I want a value to

appear
in cell B1 based on the value in cell A1. If the value in cell A1 is "B",

and
the value in a separate table that corresponds to "B" is $500, I want the
formula in cell B1 to return the value "$500". Any ideas on how to do

this?

Thanks,
Eric